TURBO-1 is a blend of food grade sodium/ calcium salts and food materials without phosphate (P2O5) component in a ratio to provide excellent performance, apply to the seafood processing industry as Moisture Retention Agent.
- Increase moisture retention performance in frozen seafoods.
- Providing the benefits of moisture retention in seafoods products while P2O5 residue does not
exceed codex requirements.
- Preserving appearance texture/color (Natural texture/color) of processed seafood products.
- Promoting natural taste of processed seafood products.
- Keep shrinkage to the minimum in frozen seafood.
Recommended dosage: 3 – 4 % in solution [w/w]
Preparation and Application for the shrimp
- Preparing TURBO-1 solution by dissolving a 3 – 4 kg TURBO-1 (recommended : 4 kg.) in 80 liters of clean cool water
- Adding 1 – 2 kg of salt (depends on your formula) and stir continuously until completely dissolved.
- Maintaining the temperature of the solution between 0 – 10°C before usage by adding ice.
- Soak 100 kg shrimp into the TURBO-1 solution while maintaining the solution temperature at 0 – 10°C during soaking
- The recommend soaking time is between 3 – 4 hours. Optimum results would be the balance between appearance and
yield that the customer requires.