MP-2 is a blend of food grade polyphosphates in a suitable ratio to provide excellent moisture retention performance to shrimp processing.
- Increase moisture retention performance in frozen seafoods.
- Minimizing the freeze loss of processed seafood.
- Improving the texture (firming) of processed seafood.
- Improve taste of processed seafood products.
- Prevent shrinkage of processed seafood after cooking.
Recommended dosage: 3 – 5 % MP-2 in cool water [weight/ weight]
Preparation for the shrimp processing.
- Preparing MP-2 solution by dissolving a 3 – 5 kg MP-2 (recommended : 4 kg.) in 80 liters of clean cool water
- Adding 2 – 4 kg of salt (depends on your formula) and stir continuously until completely dissolved.
- Maintaining the temperature of the solution between 0 – 10°C before usage by adding ice.
- Soak 100 kg shrimp into the MP-2 solution while maintaining the solution temperature at 0 – 10°C during soaking stir constantly