MP-2(New) is a blend of food grade polyphosphates in a suitable ratio to provide excellent moisture retention performance to seafood processing.
- Increase moisture retention performance in frozen seafood.
- Minimizing the freeze loss of processed seafood.
- Improving the texture (firming) of processed seafood.
- Improve taste of processed seafood products.
- Prevent shrinkage of processed seafood after cooking.
Recommended dosage: 3 – 5 % MP-2(New) in cool water [weight/ weight]
Preparation for the shrimp processing.
- Preparing MP-2(New) solution by dissolving a 3 – 5 kg MP-2(New) (recommended : 4 kg.) in 80 liters of clean cool water
- Adding 1 – 2 kg of salt (depends on your formula) and stir continuously until completely dissolved.
- Maintaining the temperature of the solution between 0 – 10°C before usage by adding ice.
- Soak 100 kg seafood into the MP-2(New) solution while maintaining the solution temperature at 0 – 10°C during soaking
- The recommend soaking time is between 3 – 4 hours. Optimum results would be the balance between appearance and yield
that the customer requires.